Worker Bee (aka Sales Team Member) Wanted
Are you a fiber-obsessed people-person who takes satisfaction from completing a project with care and precision? Do you love helping people? Are you the type of person who loves puzzles and problem-solving? Do you find yourself organizing and straightening misplaced candy bars while waiting in the checkout line at the grocery store? If these sound like you...
superbuzzy is looking for the next member of our awesome team! Is it you? We'd love to meet you and find out more!
This part- to full-time position is perfect for someone who would love to join our expert sales team, help to increase sales of our beautiful fabrics, yarns, and other fiber-related craft supplies, create enticing displays, and play a part in developing new and exciting products that support our guests' goals and needs and their creativity.
If you are...
- passionate about fiber crafts and have experience with sewing, quilting, knitting, crochet, embroidery, needle felting, and/or other fiber handcrafts (maybe you spend too much time looking at project ideas on Ravelry, Pinterest, and YouTube),
- a people-person who loves to create connections, build relationships, and be "in the conversation" (your school teacher may have said you talked too much),
- hard working, love being on your feet, and a busy person (operating at a high pace and going home worn out is just what you do),
- are detail-minded and organized (friends may have characterized you as Type A),
- keen to clean when there’s time to lean (organizing, dusting, sweeping, and cleaning aren’t beneath you),
- results-oriented with a proven sales record (selling comes naturally to you, and you love hitting targets),
- the next Martha Stewart (Okay, so you’re probably not going to host a show, but we can all dream can’t we?!?),
- standards driven, taking great pride in the work you do (cutting corners is never an option, high standards matter - a lot),
- interested in amazing retail experiences (you have fond memories of retailers who have wowed you),
- willing to learn and develop a deep knowledge of the products we sell, how they are made, and how they are used (fabric weaves, yarn fiber properties, and the best ruler for the job are all things you'd like to geek out about),
- enjoyable to be around with a positive team attitude (you’ve got a can-do spirit and believe the best in people),
- interact with customers who love making things (you get excited at the thought of chatting with and learning from them),
- give expert advice on the products we sell and how to use them (they will ask you if you wouldn’t mind just making it for them),
- help our team of experts develop new products (you’re not afraid of dreaming about this stuff – it does happen),
- provide invaluable feedback on what our customers want (you have a natural ability to gauge what people are looking for),
- make the odd star performance in our marketing endeavours (the occasional picture and video performance doesn’t daunt you in the slightest),
- play an important role in one of the country’s finest independent craft retail teams (being the best matters a lot to you),
- part- to full-time hours and job security,
- a regular, reliable schedule,
- a relaxed and fun atmosphere,
- a competitive wage working in a beautiful, beachside town,
- opportunities for training and continued professional skills (we hire for attitude and train the skills),
- a small, woman-owned, entrepreneurial company where your ideas, efforts, and inputs are heard and valued (you really make a difference to the success of the company),
- the chance to stitch up a new career with one of the country’s best independent craft shops – we have big plans for this little business!
- a focus on community building and creative fulfillment for our family of customers (there is nothing better than that look on someone's face when they finish that project or learn that new, creative skill)
- a generous employee discount (plus the perk of seeing all the newest products hit the shelves!)
- a culture built upon inclusion and diversity - we believe that Black Lives Matter
- a passion for running an eco-friendly business, with continuous assessment of best practices (we recycle - a lot!)
If you would like to be part of our superbuzzy team, send your CV or resume and 3 references to us by email, telling us a bit about yourself and why you’re interested in this job. Send your email with the subject line Fiber Sales Professional to support at superbuzzy dot com
We can't wait to chat about the possibilities!