It's no secret that the Essex line of fabrics is a superstar in stashes around the world. A perfect blend of linen and cotton, Essex is the best of both worlds. Linen gives the fabric an incredibly tactile texture and drape, while the cotton stabilizes the linen - making it much easier to sew with - and balances the linen's drape with nice body. As a result, Essex is that rare hybrid fabric that works well for garment patterns that require either body or drape. The Homespun Essex features a different ratio of yarn dyed fibers in the weave, which creates a tiny, rustic check effect. It's beautiful!
This is a simple weave, yarn dyed cotton/linen blend fabric.
- Collection: Essex Yarn Dyed Homespun
- Fiber Content: 55% linen, 45% cotton
- Weight: medium (bottom) weight (5.6 oz per square yard)
- Width: 44" (112cm)
- Colors: brown, white
- Opacity: opaque
- Texture & Weave: a simple weave with subtle texture from the thick and thin linen yarns
- Drape: crisp body and medium drape
- Keywords: cross weave, blender, solid, garment sewing, yarn dye, chambray, shot
- Project: Tamarack, Cow Abstractions
- Recommended For: patchwork, bags & pouches, tops, skirts, dresses
- Manufactured In: China
- Care Instructions: Always pre-wash for wearables in the same method you plan on laundering the completed garment. Fabric can be machine washed and dried. To best preserve color, wash in cold water and hang to dry. Use a warm to hot iron as needed to achieve desired results.
Price per yard. Minimum purchase is 0.5 yard, and it is sold in 1/4 yard increments thereafter.