Legend has it that the “lady” in lady beetle or ladybug dates back to the Middle Ages. The story is that farmers' crops were being damaged by swarms of aphids. But after the farmers prayed to the Virgin Mary for help, the ladybugs arrived, ate all the aphids, and saved the day. The farmers were so grateful that from then on they referred to the insects as “Our Lady’s beetles”.
This is a printed woven organic cotton poplin fabric with a directional stripe repeat.
- Collection: Charley Harper Summer Vol. 2
- Designer: Charley Harper
- Fiber Content: 100% organic cotton poplin
- Weight: quilting weight
- Width: 44" (110cm)
- Colors: grey, white, black, red, yellow
- Opacity: semi-opaque
- Texture & Weave: a simple weave with smooth, even texture
- Drape: crisp body
- Keywords: ladybug, ladybird, insect, bug, beetle, organic
- Projects: Summer Pinwheels
- Recommended For: patchwork, bag & pouches, tops, skirts, dresses
- Manufactured In: Korea
- Care Instructions: Always pre-wash for wearables in the same method you plan on laundering the completed garment. Fabric can be machine washed and dried. To best preserve color, wash in cold water and hang to dry. Use a warm to hot iron as needed to achieve desired results.
Price per yard. Minimum purchase is 0.5 yard, and it is sold in 1/4 yard increments thereafter.