Kanzashi are traditional Japanese hair ornaments, typically in vivid colors and floral shapes —worn especially in modern times by brides. Kanzashi is unique in its nubby boucle texture. Kanzashi's incredible look and feel is perfect for adding pizzazz to simple stitches. A bulky self-striping yarn in a mohair, organic silk, wool, poly blend, Kanzashi works up beautifully into colorful accessories or sweaters.
Great for: sweaters, vests, jackets, cowls, scarves
- Weight: Bulky
- Texture: Boucle
- Yardage/Meters: 229 yards (210 meters)
- Skein weight: 150 grams (5.29 ounces)
- Gauge: 10.0 to 12.0 sts = 4 inches
- Recommended needle size: US 9 - 10 or 5.5 - 6mm
- Recommended hook size: US I-9 to L-11 or 5.5-8 mm
- Fiber Content: 30% Mohair, 30% Silk, 23% Wool, 14% Viscose, 3% Polyamide
- Dye Method: hand dyed
- Hand: squishy
- Sheen: light sheen
- Care: Hand wash; dry flat. Dry clean. Do not bleach. Iron low.
- Country of Origin: Japan
- Project: Triangle Vest, Raglan Pullover, Long Cardigan, Slouchy Hat, Cowl, Sleeveless Dress, Short-Sleeved Sweater
As there are no dye lots, we advise buying enough yarn at one time to complete your entire project. When using hand-dyed yarn in your project, work two rows from one skein and two rows from another skein to give an overall blended effect.