Ella Rae - Chunky Merino Splash
Thick, warm, and full of texture, the Ella Rae Chunky Merino Splash yarn is great for making cozy scarves, beanies, throw blankets, and other heavy fall and winter accessories. Made from 100% merino wool, it offers just the right amount of durability and warmth while maintaining a soft, delicate drape. The chunky size knits up faster and creates more well-defined stitches than finer-weight yarns. Each skein comes with 121 yards and is available in six variegated colors for creating patterns in single basket weaves or brioche rib stitches.
Great for: hats, cowls, sweaters, scarves, blankets, and more.
- Weight: Worsted/Bulky
- Texture: Plied
- Yardage/Meters: 121 yards (110 meters)
- Skein weight: 100 grams (3.52 ounces)
- Gauge: 14.0 to 16.0 sts = 4 inches
- Recommended needle size: US 9 - 10 or 3.5 - 4mm
- Recommended hook size: US I (5.5mm) to J or (6.0mm)
- Fiber Content: 100% Superwash Merino Wool
- Dye Method: Hand Painted
- Hand: Squishy
- Sheen: Matte
- Texture: Smooth
- Care: Machine washable, gentle cycle, cold water, do not tumble dry.
- Country of Origin: Italy
Hand painted yarns have subtle variations in color that are a desirable, beautiful feature and may vary from one skein to the next. Be sure to get enough yarn to complete your project since each bag is a different dye lot, and skeins may vary from bag to bag. In some colors, the skeins may vary one from the other even within the same bag. To ensure random color distribution, work from two balls of yarn at once, alternating a few rows from each ball.