Macrame Kit - Wall Hanging - Old Glory
Like all of our macrame kits, this is a Solid Oak original. designed in Rhode Island, USA. This unique macramé kit design lets you knot your own flag hanging. It's large, measuring approximately 14 in. W x 32 in. H (36 cm W x 81 cm H). The flag uses the same high-quality cotton cord as used in our other kits. Each flag color - deep red, natural unbleached, and rich navy blue - comes wound neatly on a spool for tangle-free measuring.
A few people have wondered if this flag design is hanging correctly, with the blue field at the top left. We assure you, this is correct. According to the United States government's documents on flag etiquette, the blue field is at top left for both horizontal and vertical display.
A few simple types of knots are used to create this amazing piece of wall art that will last for years. Create it by yourself to decompress or have a macramé party with family and friends!
This kit includes:
- One 54.5 yd. (50 m) spool each color: deep red, natural white, and navy blue 2mm thick macramé cord
- One length of natural color thick 4 mm cord for the tasseled hanger
- Natural wood branch hanging rod
- 50 natural wood beads - one to represent each star
- Illustrated instructions with details for each kind of knot used, as well as walking you through the steps to create a beautiful flag to display
All you need for tools will be scissors, a measuring stick, household tape, and a little bit of glue.
The knots are truly simple, but a real newbie at macramé might be more comfortable starting with one of our smaller kits.
Time needed to create: 8-10 Hours
Finished size = about 14 in. x 32 in. (36 cm x 81 cm)
Please note: Due to its size, additional shipping charges may apply for this item. Please contact us prior to ordering if you have any questions or would like a shipping estimate.