Spin a modern spiderweb that shimmers and shines! Take a traditional quilt block and infuse it with style! Pair neutrals and softer tones with more vibrant hues for playful Spiderweb blocks. Learn to piece a quilt with dynamic movement as you explore positive and negative space, color, and value. Improv Flying Geese dance across the border of this decidedly modern quilt pattern by fabric designer Jennifer Sampou.
- Sassy spiderwebs! Traditional block gets a modern makeover
- Get dramatic movement with thoughtfully placed fabric and Flying Geese
- Complete, technically accurate pattern in beautiful, reusable package
Materials Needed: Yardage is based on 42"-wide fabric.
FOR THE BLOCKS:
- White/cream prints and yarn dyes: 8–15 different fat quarters / half-yard cuts or 3–5 yards total*
- Light to medium turquoise/ blue: 4–8 different fat quarters / half-yard cuts or 1–2 yards*
- Medium neutrals: 8 fat quarters or 2 yards
- Dark navy/charcoal prints: 3 fat quarters or 3/4 yard
- Yellow: 2 fat quarters or 1/2 yard
FOR THE APPLIQUÉ ACCENTS:
- 1/8–1/4 yard each of 4–5 brights
FOR THE BORDERS:
- White/cream/metallics: 5–7 different fabrics to total 3 1/8 yards
- Gray plaids: 1/8 yard each of light, medium, and dark
- Green solid: 1/8 yard
FOR THE QUILT:
- Binding: 5/8 yard
- Backing: 5 3/8 yards
- Batting: 78" x 94"
- Bias Tape Maker: 1/2", 1" (optional)
*In a range of values