The Elio Top is a fitted knit top with a faux wrap silhouette. The neckline is finished with narrow elastic that allows the bodices to lay flush against the body. The hem is finished with optional fold over elastic so that it creates a smooth fit under high-waisted pants and skirts. Three sleeve lengths (cap, elbow, and long) make this design ideal for year-round wear.
- Paper pattern is also offered in sizes 0 to 18 (B-cup) and 12 to 30 (D-cup). Both size ranges are included in your purchase.
- 3/8" seam allowances and 3/4" hem allowances included.
- Step-by-step instructions with illustrations.
- Well suited for the intermediate sewist.
Recommended Fabric + Supplies
Visit Allie Olson for fitting tips.
- Mid-weight, stable knit fabrics with lots of stretch and recovery. Cotton/spandex fabric is ideal. Fabric should have at least 50% four way stretch. Fabrics weighing 9 to 12 ounces per square yard are recommended Lightweight knit fabrics are not recommended for this design.
- 2 yards of 3/8" (1 cm) elastic (for wrap bodices)
- 2 yards of 5/8" (1.5 cm) fold over elastic (for hem, optional)
- 1.5 yards of 3/8" (1 cm) clear elastic (to stabilize side seams)
- Coordinating thread
Other Allie Olson patterns