Echino Pattern - Hobo Bag
Rounding out the line of Echino fabrics is this series of sewing patterns by designer Etsuko Furuya. This pattern is for a cute hobo bag measuring 42cm wide (approximately 16½" wide).
Pattern requires the following:
- outer fabric: ½ yard of 42" wide fabric
- contrasting fabric for strap: 17¾" by 6" piece
- lining fabric: ½ yard of 42" wide fabric
- 90cm x 50cm piece of iron-on interfacing (approximately 35½" x 19¾")
- 4" x 6" piece of felt (to reinforce strap)
- 11" zipper
Note that the pattern is written in Japanese, but detailed schematics are included. Crafters who cannot read Japanese but who have sewing experience are usually able to interpret the instructions without any trouble.