The Highlands Wrap Dress is a woven dress with a faced V-neckline, elasticized back waistband, and waist ties. Both the midi and maxi lengths feature a side slit that begins above the knee and is finished in a wide mitered hem. Included in this sewing pattern is the option for bicep-length sleeves or a sleeveless bodice with armhole facings.
- Paper pattern is offered in sizes 0 to 18 (B-cup) and 12 to 30 (D-cup). Both size ranges are included in your purchase.
- 3/8" seam allowances included.
- Step-by-step instructions with illustrations.
- Well suited for the intermediate sewist.
Additional Supplies needed:
- Mid- to lightweight woven fabrics with lots of drape are recommended. Rayon/linen blends, rayon challis, Tencel, crepe de chine, and georgette are all suitable substrates. Opaque fabrics weighing 3 to 7 ounces per square yard are recommended.
- Stretch fabrics not suitable for this design.
Visit Allie Olson
- 1 yard (.9 m) 1 1/4” (3.1 cm)-wide elastic
- Two buttons (1” or 3/4” wide)
- Two yards (1.8 m) of lightweight interfacing
- Coordinating thread
for a sew-along as well as pattern hacks to shorten the dress and make a wrap blouse.Other Allie Olson patterns