The fierce shisa of Okinawa are thought to be protectors - a female and male with open and closed mouths. One keeps the good spirits within, while the other keeps the evil spirits out.
This is a printed woven cotton fabric with a directional stripe repeat.
- Fiber Content: 100% cotton
- Weight: quilting weight
- Width: 43/44" (110cm)
- Colors: blue, black, brown, red, orange, grey, green, pink, yellow, white
- Opacity: semi-opaque
- Texture & Weave: a simple weave with smooth, even texture
- Drape: crisp body
- Keywords: shisa, lion dog, komainu, temple, shrine, gate, ukulele, guitar, flower, hibiscus, tropical, dragonfruit, pineapple, coconut, papaya, mythology, Okinawa, palm tree, kawaii, Japanese fabric
- Recommended For: patchwork, bag & pouches, tops, skirts, dresses
- Manufactured In: Japan
- Care Instructions: Always pre-wash for wearables in the same method you plan on laundering the completed garment. Fabric can be machine washed and dried. To best preserve color, wash in cold water and hang to dry. Use a warm to hot iron as needed to achieve desired results.
Price per yard. Minimum purchase is 0.5 yard, and it is sold in 1/4 yard increments thereafter.