Seawool is made from post-consumer oyster shells, which are crushed, mixed with plastic (PET) from recycled plastic bottles, and spun into yarn which is naturally anti-static, anti-odor, anti-bacterial, quick drying, and soft to the touch. This sustainable, eco-friendly fabric is wonderful to sew with, and has a soft, plush hand.
This is a yarn dyed woven Seawool/polyester, rayon blend fabric with a plaid repeat.
- Fiber Content: 68% recycled Seawool PET, 21% polyester, 11% rayon
- Weight: quilting weight (7.33oz.)
- Width: 51" (129cm)
- Colors: red, white, black
- Opacity: opaque
- Texture & Weave: a twill weave with a subtle texture and plush hand
- Drape: crisp body
- Keywords: plaid, yarn dye, cozy, woodland, camping, flannel, lodge, masculine, log cabin, lumberjack, beard, whiskey, bear
- Recommended For: patchwork, bag & pouches, tops, skirts, dresses
- Manufactured In: Taiwan
- Care Instructions: Always pre-wash for wearables in the same method you plan on laundering the completed garment. Fabric can be machine washed and dried. To best preserve color, wash in cold water and hang to dry. Use a warm to hot iron as needed to achieve desired results.
Price per yard. Minimum purchase is 0.5 yard, and it is sold in 1/4 yard increments thereafter.