Anyone who has sewn with a printed gingham and then works with a yarn dye will be tough to convert back to the printed variety. The richness of the color and the unbeatable texture make yarn dyes unquestionable superior, and with the vibrant colors available in the Kitchen Window Wovens line, there is no reason not to work with these lovely fabrics! And, because they are yarn dyed, they are completely reversible, with no wrong side.
This is a yarn dyed cotton simple weave fabric in a gingham pattern.
- Collection: Kitchen Window Wovens
- Designer: Elizabeth Hartman
- Fiber Content: 100% yarn dyed cotton
- Weight: quilting weight (4 oz per square yard)
- Width: 44" (110cm)
- Colors: blue, white
- Opacity: semi-opaque
- Texture & Weave: a simple weave with smooth, even texture
- Drape: crisp body
- Keywords: gingham, plaid, yarn dye, homespun, garment sewing
- Recommended For: patchwork, bag & pouches, tops, skirts, dresses
- Manufactured In: India
- Care Instructions: Always pre-wash for wearables in the same method you plan on laundering the completed garment. Fabric can be machine washed and dried. To best preserve color, wash in cold water and hang to dry. Use a warm to hot iron as needed to achieve desired results.
- Project: Swan Island
Price per yard. Minimum purchase is 0.5 yard, and it is sold in 1/4 yard increments thereafter.