A subtle grid is the backdrop for hand-painted dots and spots and bits of typewritten text.
Naomi Ito imagines "Letters typed with an antique typewriter... imagine what rhythms are born and fall from heaven. I wanted to draw together the dance of raindrops and the pattern on the window glass of the car on a rainy and windy day - seeing the shape change with such a fun pattern."
This is a printed woven cotton single gauze fabric with a stripe repeat. Print repeats approximately every 24".
- Collection: nani IRO
- Designer: Naomi Ito
- Fiber Content: 100% cotton single gauze
- Weight: lightweight
- Width: 41/42" (106cm)
- Colors: white, black, red, metallic rose gold
- Opacity: sheer
- Texture & Weave: a simple weave with smooth texture
- Drape: soft body
- Keywords: grid, graph, text, typewriter, dot, spot, abstract, modern, garment sewing, Japanese fabric
- Recommended For: patchwork, bag & pouches, tops, skirts, dresses
- Manufactured In: Japan
- Care Instructions: Always pre-wash for wearables in the same method you plan on laundering the completed garment. Fabric can be machine washed and dried. To best preserve color, wash in cold water and hang to dry. Use a warm to hot iron as needed to achieve desired results.
Price per yard. Minimum purchase is 0.5 yard, and it is sold in 1/4 yard increments thereafter.