Mini Quilt Challenge & Exhibition
Picking Daisies and superbuzzy invite you to participate in our first annual Mini Quilt Challenge. As part of the 2019 Central Coast Quilt Shop Tour, our shops welcome your submissions to this unique exhibition.How to Enter:
- Complete a mini quilt, 24" x 24" in size. In order to qualify, the submission must be composed of 3 layers (a quilt top, batting, and a quilt back), must be quilted, and must have finished edges (a binding, facing, knife-edge, or other quilt finishing technique).
- A cloth label with the entrant's name, address, telephone number, and email must be sewn to the back of the quilt.
- The quilt must follow the shop's theme guidelines in order to be eligible to win a prize.
- The finished quilt must be dropped off at the shop by the entry deadline of May 15, 2019.
- Individuals may enter more than one quilt in the challenge, and may also enter quilts at both superbuzzy and Picking Daisies.
- Copyright Permission: Entry into the exhibition automatically grants copyright permission for the image of the quilt to be used in articles, ads, promotions, catalogs, books, magazines, websites (including any webcast coverage), blogs, CDs, DVDs, current event news coverage, television productions, and/or multimedia productions for and about the Central Coast Quilt Shop Tour and the Mini Quilt Challenge and Exhibition.
- Each shop will award a $50 Gift Certificate Grand Prize for a quilt that is determined to best showcase the theme, displays quality craftsmanship, and is aesthetically pleasing.
- Each shop will award a $25 Gift Certificate Youth Prize for a quilt made by a youth aged 18 and under that is determined to best showcase the theme, displays quality craftsmanship, and is aesthetically pleasing.
- Each shop will also award one $50 Gift Certificate Viewer's Choice Prize to a quilt receiving the most votes by Central Coast Quilt Shop Tour participants. Shop Tour participants will all be given a ballot at the shop's check-in table where they can select their favorite quilt on display at each participating shop.
The theme for the 2019 Mini Quilt Challenge is Color. Please read the theme requirements carefully:
- Picking Daisies: The color theme for Picking Daisies' 2019 Mini Quilt Challenge is the Kona 2019 Color of the Year: Splash. A minimum of 30% of the fabrics used on the front of the quilt must be Kona Splash. Fabrics used may be solids or prints. Splash may also be used on the back of the quilt, but this will not count toward the 30% total. For reference, Picking Daisies has Kona Splash at the shop for help in evaluating coordinating fabrics.
- superbuzzy: The color theme for superbuzzy's 2019 Mini Quilt Challenge is the Pantone 2019 Color of the Year: Living Coral. A minimum of 30% of the fabrics used on the front of the quilt must be a close match to Pantone's Living Coral color. Fabrics used may be solids or prints. The Living Coral color may also be used on the back of the quilt, but this will not count toward the 30% total. For reference, superbuzzy has an official Pantone Living Coral swatch at the shop for help in evaluating coordinating fabrics.
Participants agree that the shop can display the quilt(s) throughout the Central Coast Quilt Shop Tour. Participants will be notified by the shop when their quilt(s) can be picked up following the exhibit.